Vodafone Idea in partnership with Paytm has launched a digital initiative that lets feature phone users recharge their Vodafone Idea numbers. With this facility, the feature phone users no longer need to visit the physical stores/recharge outlets for recharging their mobile numbers. To avail the facility, all a user needs to have is a bank account linked to a UPI ID. The facility allows feature phone users to successfully recharge their mobile numbers without the need for an internet connection.
The new feature enables millions of feature phone users to top-up their numbers without any hassle. The service is based on NPCI’s payment service “*99#” that works on the Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD) channel. The service further allows mobile banking transactions using feature phones without the need for an active internet connection. With this facility, the customers with their UPI ID registered with BHIM UPI/ customers UPI ID not registered with BHIM UPI can recharge their mobile numbers. In this article, we explain in detail the step by step guide to successfully recharge the Vodafone Idea mobile numbers using feature phones.
Customers UPI ID is registered with BHIM UPI
- You need to dial USSD code *99*1*3#
- Your bank account linked to the mobile number through which the USSD dialed is detected.
- Enter your UPI ID defined by Paytm.
- For instance, the Vodafone customers can enter the mobile number followed by .vf@paytm and Idea customers can enter the mobile number followed by .id@paytm.
- In the next step, enter the recharge amount.
- You can enter a Remark, which is optional.
- Enter the UPI pin to complete the transaction.
- After a successful transaction, a UPI reference ID is generated.
Customers UPI ID is not registered with the BHIM UPI
- First, you need to dial *99# from your mobile number.
- You will be displayed all the bank account details linked with the mobile number.
- Select the desired bank account, where you want to register your UPI ID, and set a UPI pin.
- To recharge, all you need to do is dial *99# and follow the procedure as mentioned above.