Reliance Jio, in a new move, has announced that the Jio subscribers can recharge their Jio numbers through select ATMs. The move from the telecom operator comes at a time amid the 21-day lockdown period till April 15 by the government to curb the spread of coronavirus infection. It is a welcome move from the Mukesh Ambani-led telco as many people rely on mobile shops for recharging their Jio numbers. Although there is the availability of online recharge, many across the country are yet to come in terms with it. Hence, they rely on the nearby recharge shops for recharging their mobile number. The company has announced the news via its official twitter handle.
List of ATMs that Support Jio Recharge
It is worth noting that only a select number of ATMs belonging to specific banks support Jio recharge. As of now, the Jio number recharge facility is available at nine banks in the country. They include:
- State Bank of India
- Axis Bank
- ICICI Bank
- HDFC Bank
- IDBI Bank
- DCB Bank
- AUF Bank
- Standard Chartered Bank
How to Recharge Your Jio Number Through ATM?
In case, if you happen to have any of the supported ATMs nearby, then you can recharge your Jio number by following the steps below. It is important to note that you need to have a debit card and a sufficient balance in your account to proceed with the recharge.
- Insert your debit card into the ATM Machine
- Select Recharge option from the list of available options
- Enter your Jio number you want to recharge
- Enter the ATM pin
- You need to be aware of the recharge packs and values. Enter the relevant recharge amount.
- Hit Enter to confirm the recharge, and the amount would be debited from your account.
- That’s it! You would then receive a confirmation recharge SMS from Jio.