Good news for Redmi 7 Pro users!
Xiaomi’s sub-brand, Redmi has started rolling out of a new software update-MIUI Global Stable ROM V10.3.5.0.PFHINXM for its popular Redmi Note 7 Pro budget Android smart phone. The new software is being rolled out to users in India via the OTA route.
Details about the new features accompanying the update are given below.
- New Artificial Intelligence camera mode
- Increased system security through April 2019 Android security
- Home screen access through fingerprint once face data has been verified
- Possible to restrict the opening of Notification shade on the Lock screen
- Previous bugs, now fixed
- Camera (force) closing when an app is closed and opened again in Video mode.
- Overlapping of call-time bubbles with notification icons.
- No low battery warning in landscape mode.
- Device lagging while ending calls.
Process to Manually Flash the MIUI Global Stable ROM V10.3.5.0.PFHINXM Update on your Redmi Note 7 Pro
Those who do not wish to wait for the over-the-air update to become available for their device, can download on Redmi Note 7 Pro manually and install it using the fastboot or Recovery methods. Users should note, in case they decide to manually flash the update on their Redmi Note 7 Pro, they should ensure that they have a backup of their data before proceeding to the installation process.
To update your device using fastboot method, follow these steps:-
Unlock the bootloader of your phone — download the Fastboot ROM — enter Fastboot mode (switch off your phone and then press and hold the volume down button and power button simultaneously) — Download and install the Mi Flash Tool on your PC — connect your device to the PC — open the Mi Flash tool — click on ‘Clean all’ — click on select — browse to the folder where you saved the downloaded Fastboot ROM — click on Flash.
Once the flashing process is completed, your device will reboot.
To update your device using recovery method, follow these steps:-
Download the recovery package — open the Updater app — tap on the menu on the top right corner — select the ‘Choose Update Package’ option — Choose the downloaded ZIP file — tap OK.
Once the process is over, your device will reboot automatically.