Xiaomi has started rolling out the stable build of MIUI 11 to the users of Redmi K20 and Redmi 7A in India. Xiaomi has announced the MIUI 11 update at the launch of the Note 8 series (Redmi Note 8 and Redmi Note 8 Pro) event held in China. The company has announced the list of devices that gets the MIUI 11 update and the rollout timeline. The new update brings a lot of new features along with bug fixes and improvements. However, the MIUI 11update is based on Android 9 Pie and not Google’s latest Android 10. The update measures 766MB in size and include the September 2019 Android security patch. You can check for the MIUI 11 update in the “About Phone” section in the settings.
MIUI 11 Update Brings a Lot of New Features and Improvements
The MIUI 11 update brings key features and improvement upgrades that include:
- Minimalistic design
- System-wide dark mode
- Gentle sounds of nature as alarm ringtones and notification sounds
- Dynamic Clock, Kaleidoscope effects
- Wallpaper carousel to have a personalise lock screen
- Updated Game Turbo feature that can turn off Auto-Brightness, reading mode and screenshot gestures
- The update brings optimisations pertaining to the in-display fingerprint sensor and fixes bugs that are affecting the fingerprint icon.
- Preloaded Mi Share app
- A new document viewer integrated into the preloaded File Manager app
- Quick Replies to messages from any app
- Upgraded App Vault with the ability to view more apps by just swiping down the screen.
- Always on-display with gorgeous themes that keep the screen alive with amazing effects.
How to Check for the MIUI 11 Update in Your Phone?
You can check for MIUI 11 update on your Redmi K20 by navigating to Settings-About Phone-Software update. Xiaomi rolls out the MIUI 11 in an incremental fashion, and hence the users who did not receive the update would get it in the coming days. But before you update to the latest MIUI 11 software update, make sure to back up all your data and connect the phone to the Wi-Fi network.