Xiaomi’s sub-brand Redmi launched K20 and K20 Pro at an event in China yesterday. Touted to be flagship killers, the Redmi K20 and K20 Pro sport top-class specifications and features. While the Redmi K20 is a mid-range device, the K20 Pro is the company’s first ever flagship smartphone. Being a flagship phone, the company has added the K20 Pro to the Android Q Beta program very quickly. But the update is currently available for China devices only.
Redmi K20 Pro Android Q Beta Program Details:
Android Q Beta program has been released for just three of the Xioami phones as of today and Redmi K20 Pro is in the list. The Android Q Beta brings new features to the devices, but there will inevitably be a few bugs. Users who are afraid of bugs can wait for a few months for the stable version to get released.
Redmi listed down a few issues that users might encounter with the Android Q Beta OS. These include,
- Does not support fingerprint recognition.
- “Settings” app crashes after the user selects “App & Notifications” and shows a notification that says “Settings keeps stopping”
- Unable to switch between multiple users.
- There might be instances where videos downloaded from Google Drive does not show the length of the video in the photo gallery.
- Bluetooth search might not work for some specific keyboards. A known failed case is Logitech’s k380 keyboard.
Interested users can download the Android Q Beta update for the Redmi K20 Pro from the link here