Last month, Xiaomi’s Redmi revealed its latest budget smartphone called the Redmi 7A in China ( home market). Now, the company is all set to launch the handset in Europe as e-commerce portals in Czechia and Slovakia have started listing the device. Furthermore, a report by XDA Developers hints that Xiaomi could be planning to release the phone in the Indian market as well.
Yshalsager, an XDA recognized developer, has unveiled multiple model identifiers of the Redmi 7A for various markets. The Indian variant carries the model number ‘M1903C3EI’, while the global variants have different identifiers such as ‘M1903C3EG’ and ‘M1903C3EH’. Since the brand has already assigned a model number to the Redmi 7A for India, it is speculated that the handset will be launch in the domestic market soon. The XDA report states that the smartphone could be launched in India at some point in July, perhaps with the Redmi K20 series. It is noteworthy that the Redmi 7 smartphone was unveiled in India alongside the Redmi Y3 in April.
- 5.45-inch display
- Resolution – 720 x 1,440 pixels.
- Android 9 Pie-based MIUI 10
- AI face unlock functionality
- Octa-core 2GHz Snapdragon 439 processor
- Adreno 505 GPU
- RAM and storage configurations are –
- 2GB + 16GB
- 2GB + 32GB
- 3GB + 32GB.
- 13MP rear camera.
- 5MP camera front camera with AI portrait and AI smart beauty modes
- Connectivity options – dual-SIM slots, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, and GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- 4000mAh battery
Launch date – Mid July 2019
Price – Rs 5,500/-