OPPO unveiled the ColorOS 7 which is based on Android 10 last month. The company has announced the rollout plans of the new OS to its devices and has already brought it to the OPPO Reno/10x Zoom, Reno2. Now, ColorOS, through its official Twitter handle announced that it has invited applications from the users for the first batch of Android 10-based ColorOS 7.
[OPPO F11&F11 Pro ColorOS 7 + Android 10 Trial Version Notice]
The first batch of #ColorOS7+#Android10 on OPPO F11, F11 Pro and F11 Pro Marvel's Avengers Limited Edition starts application now. The second batch will be rolling soon.
To know more info: https://t.co/AId7jv8VwJ https://t.co/Qmc8b0BwzE pic.twitter.com/TTv651AXHG
— ColorOS (@colorosglobal) December 31, 2019
As per the official announcement made by OPPO in the ColorOS forum, interested users of the above-said devices can register and get the trial version installed on their devices. OPPO has limited the trial version to just 2000 users. So, interested people can hurry up to test the new OS. Below is the procedure to submit the application:
OPPO F11, F11 Pro ColorOS 7 Update: How to Register and try the Trial Version
Before you start registering your device to test the trial version of the ColorOS, make sure your device (F11 and F11 Pro) runs the latest version of the OS. Once you update the device to the latest version, follow the below steps:
- Go to “Settings – Software Updates”
- Tap the settings icon located in the top right corner of the screen
- Tap “Trial Version”
- Fill in the required information, select the must-know checkbox
- Tap “Apply Now”
If the registration is successful, that means you are among the first 2000 lucky members. If you are unable, you may wait for the company to roll out the second batch of the trial version.
OPPO F11, F11 Pro ColorOS 7 Changelog:
There is a huge changelog of new features that you will experience in the new ColorOS 7 on the OPPO F11 and OPPO F11 Pro/Marvel’s Avengers Edition.
Your system will be upgraded to ColorOS 7 and Android 10.
Borderless visuals bring a lighter feel and a smoother experience.
• Brand new borderless design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
• Added OPPO Sans as the default font. The new font delivers a refreshing feel and fits well with OPPO’s pursuit of blending beauty and technology.
• Optimised user interfaces and improved one-handed operation.
• Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen mode.
• Added two settings: Assistive Ball Opacity and Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App.
• Optimised the Floating Window feature for more apps.
• Added a bubble: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse and open the app.
• Optimised 3-Finger Screenshot: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers to adjust the screenshot size. Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
• Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
• Optimised screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
[Navigation Gestures 3.0]
• New gesture: Swipe inward from both sides of the screen and then hold to switch to the previous app.
• Optimised gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
• Added Dark Mode: Protects your eyes while reducing power consumption.
• Added Focus Mode: Shields you from outside distractions when you are learning or working.
• Added all new charging animation.
• Optimised the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
• Swipe left or right to ignore banner notifications.
• Added a pause function for screen recording.
• Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
• New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
• Optimised system pre-loaded ringtones.
• Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
• Colour Accessibility Mode added to improve the user experience for visually impaired users.
• Optimised visual interaction for Game Space.
• Optimised the startup animation for Game Space.
• More live wallpapers.
• Added Art+ static wallpapers.
• Customise whether to open Global Search or the notification drawer when swiping down on the Home screen.
• Customise the size, shape, and style of app icons on the Home screen.
• Swipe up on the Lock screen to switch unlock methods.
• Optimised the graphic design of password unlocks to facilitate one-handed operations.
• Supported live wallpapers on the Lock screen.
• More screen-off clock styles.
• Added a simple Home screen mode, featuring larger fonts and icons and a clearer layout.
• Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
• In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating
• Added the trim feature in Recordings.
• Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
• Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
• Optimised the Camera UI for better user experience.
• Optimised the Timer UI and sound.
• Optimised the Album UI for a clear hierarchy and quick lookup of photos.
• Added Album Recommendations that recognises more than 80 different scenes.
• OPPO Share now supports sharing files with vivo and Xiaomi devices.
• Optimised the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
• Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.
• Soloop Video Editor: Create your video with one tap.