When it comes to Indian Insurance Domain, LIC (Life Insurance Corporation) is the most recognised and trustworthy name. Life Insurance Corporation offers a range of insurance options catering to the needs of people from diverse backgrounds. LIC policyholders often spend a greater chunk of the time standing in long queues at LIC branches for making LIC Policy premium payments. If you are one among them visiting LIC branches to pay for the premium instalment and found it to be a time consuming task, then you can opt for online modes. For the convenience of the customers, LIC has introduced various online payment methods.
The users can pay the LIC premium using internet banking, credit card, debit card, UPI, and wallets. Hence, the customers can pay premium online from the comfort of their homes. Realising the importance of online payments, now more and more policyholders are now opting to pay the premium online than to avoid visiting the LIC branches. Further, unlike the offline mode, wherein the LIC branch remains operations only during particular hours of the day, online payment can be done 24X7 for 7 days. Pay LIC Premium through the Website.
Pay Premium Through the Website
You can pay your LIC premium online by visiting the official website (www.licindia.in). If you click on Pay premium online from Online services, then you will be presented with two options:
- Pay Direct (Without login)
- Pay through the customer portal
Pay Direct (Without login)
In case if you do not want to register for the LIC portal and do the premium payment, then you can opt for the “Pay Direct” option. Using the option, you can make the payment without the need to register and sign-in.
LIC Premium Payment for Unregistered Users
Follow the steps below to make the LIC premium payment without the need for registering on the LIC portal.
- Visit the official LIC website (www.licindia.in) and click Pay premium online under the Online Services tab.
- Then you will be offered two options:
- Pay Direct (without login)
- Through customer portal
- You have to select the Pay Direct option; you will be redirected to the LIC Premium online payments page.
- From the Pay Direct list, select a premium renewal/revival option.
- Click proceed to click the customer details on the proceeding page such as the LIC Policy Number, Installment Premium, Email address, mobile number.
- Click on the Captcha code, accept the user agreement, and click on the submit button.
- Verify the policy details and upon successful verification, click on proceed
- You would then be redirected to the payments page, where you can pay the LIC premium amount. Multiple payment options like net banking, credit/debit card, and UPI are made available for the convenience of the policyholders.
Through Customer Portal
- If you want to pay LIC Premium online through the customer portal, then you need to login to your account to make payment.
- In case, you do not hold an account, then you need to sign up on the customer portal for the same. You have to furnish the following details during the signup process:
- LIC Policy number
- Premium amount
- Date of birth
- Mobile Number
- Email address
- After successful registration on the website, you then need to sign-in to make an online payment. During login, you need to enter the details following which you have to click on “Online Payments”. You will be then directed to the premium payment portal.
- Here you can find a self/policies option, click on it to get the details of your policy.
- Then click on the Pay premium option and provide the necessary information.
- In the final step, choose the payment option. You can opt for net banking, credit/debit card, and complete the transaction.
- You will then receive a payment receipt to your registered email address. You can then take a printout of the same for future reference.
Through LIC App
For mobile users, LIC offers three available apps for download from Google Play and App Store. They include:
- LIC Pay Direct
- LIC Customer
- My LIC
LIC Pay Direct App
As indicated in the name, it involves payment of LIC premium directly without the need for registration. You can also download the transaction statements using the app.
LIC Customer App
The app allows users to make direct payment of loan interest, loan repayment, renewal premium. It allows users to pay LIC premium after registration or directly. The process of making payments through the LIC Direct App is more or less similar to that of the website. Besides, the premium payment, one can avail services like premium calculator, LIC office locator, and so on.
My LIC App
It is a container app for esteemed customers, that holds the different micro apps together. The users can thereby download any of the apps or the three apps based on their convenience.
LIC Premium Payments through ECS
The Electronic Clearance Service (ECS) enables people to pay the payments on time without any delay. LIC offers the ECS facility to make the premium payments fairly easy and less complicated. Under this method, the premium would be automatically deducted from the Policyholder’s bank account on a specific date. To register for the ECS facility, the policyholder must visit the bank with the cancelled cheque and policy details. It should be noted that no receipts will be handed over to the Policyholder under the ECS mode. As the premium is paid on a yearly basis, the servicing branch sends the certificate for the same.