Reliance’s Jio Mart has gone live on WhatsApp in the areas of Navi Mumbai, Thane, and Kalyan in Mumbai. The residents in these areas can order their products using the Jio Mart’s official WhatsApp number 88500 08000 from their phones. The move comes on the back of Facebook announcing the investment of $5.7 billion on various Jio platforms. Facebook-owned Whatsapp has a user base of more than 400 million and the partnership grants direct access to such a huge user base.
How to Order from JioMart using the Official WhatsApp Number?
- To order from JioMart, customers need to add the official WhatsApp number ( 88500 08000) on their mobile phones.
- The JioMart will then send a link to the customer’s WhatsApp Chat Window
- The link remains valid for 30 minutes and clicking on the link, directs the user to a new page.
- The customer needs to furnish the details such as address and phone number
- Then a catalogue of products is made available to the customer
- After placing the final order, it is shared with the local Kirana store on WhatsApp
- Reliance JioMart sends a notification to the customer containing the order and Kirana/JioMart store details.
- The customer also receives alert once the store bills the order
- The customer then needs to pick the order from the store.
- As of now, only payment by cash is the only available payment method.
Reliance has launched JioMart earlier this year for grocery shopping in partnership with local Kirana stores. JioMart offers more than 50000 grocery products on its platform. It is available as a standalone application on Google Play Store and Apple App Store. Some of the benefits offered by JioMart include no minimum order value, free home delivery, express delivery, no questions asked return policy. Through this mode, JioMart is looking to replicate the success of Jack Ma’s Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. using the O2O (online to offline) market model.