Huawei has now officially announced that it would launch the Huawei Watch GT 2e alongside the upcoming P40 series on March 26, 2020. Huawei has announced the news through its official Weibo account. Also, there was the official teaser video of the watch.
In another Weibo post, Huawei has displayed the sketchy images of the new GT 2e revealing the design aspects as well as colour variants in full glory. As per the Weibo post, the Huawei Watch GT 2e would be available in three colour variants that include Red, Black and Grey colours. The images included a tag “Play More” alongside the launch date, i.e., March 26, 2020. From the sketchy images, one can also view the athletes wearing the new Huawei GT 2e, thereby confirming it to be a sporty smartwatch.
The Huawei Watch GT 2e would be an incremental upgrade to the earlier launched GT 2 in 2019. If you look back, the GT 2 was launched in 2019 alongside Mate 30 Pro. The notable feature of the Huawei Watch GT 2e is the marathon battery life which is advertised to last upto 14 days on a single charge. The long battery life of the watch can be attributed to the presence of a large battery (455mAh) and energy-saving Hisilicon Hi1132 chip. From the outset, the Huawei GT 2e watch appears to be sports focussed as evident by the silicon strap and different colours. Let’s take a look at the specifications of the Huawei Watch GT 2e.
Specifications of the Huawei GT 2e
- The Huawei Watch GT 2e would come with the same 1.39-inch AMOLED display with a 454 x 454-pixel resolution similar to the GT 2.
- The watch comes with a 4GB storage for songs and can be played on paired headsets via Bluetooth v5.1.
- The Huawei Watch GT 2e also includes 16GB of RAM.
- In terms of dimensions, the watch measures 53 x 10.8 x 46.8 mm and weighs 25 grams excluding the strap
- The smartwatch does encompass multiple sensors that include an acceleration sensor, gyroscope, pedometer, heart rate measurement, to name a few.
- The wearable runs on Huawei’s custom watch OS.
Pricing and Availability
The price of the Huawei GT 2e watch is expected to be around €200, and the availability of the watch is yet to be confirmed.