The IPL season is just around the corner, and the action-packed tournament is all set to kick off on 29 March 2020. Hotstar is the official digital broadcasting partner for live streaming IPL matches. Hotstar, India’s largest premium streaming platform, is offering its users watch live IPL matches for 5 minutes before it asks to opt for a subscription plan. The users then need to sign up and opt for any of its subscription plans to enjoy watching the uninterrupted streaming of IPL matches online. The Hotstar offers two premium subscriptions Hotstar VIP that is priced at Rs 365/year and then the higher plan Hotstar Premium for Rs 999/year. But, there are some free apps and other platforms, wherein you can watch IPL 2020 cricket matches online without the need to signing up for Hotstar.
IPL 2020 Live Streaming Online for Free Using Airtel TV and Jio TV Apps
You can also watch IPL 2020 matches on your mobile through Reliance Jio TV or an Airtel TV.
For this, you need to have a working Reliance Jio or Airtel connection on your device. Please find the requisite steps you need to follow to enjoy IPL Live streaming online for free.
- Download the Hotstar application from Google Play or App Store.
- In the next step, download Jio TV or Airtel TV apps depending on the network.
- Go to JioTV or Airtel TV and click on live match feed.
- Reliance Jio TV or the Airtel TV would then redirect you to the Hotstar app,
- You would then be able to watch live IPL 2020 matches right away.
Hence this method bypasses the Hotstar registration process and lets you watch live streaming on your smartphone.
For Non-Jio Users: How to Watch IPL 2020 Free Online?
If you don’t have any working Jio connection or, in other words, if you happen to be a non-Jio user, then don’t worry! You, too, can watch IPL 2020 live streaming online on the mobile without signing up for Hotstar. Find below the required steps that let you watch IPL live streaming online for free.
- Initially download the Hotstar application on your smartphone through Google Play or App Store.
- Then download the relevant app provided by your DTH provider, be it Tata Sky and d2h.
Using Tata Sky Live TV App:
Tata Sky app lets you enjoy live TV on the go. The app features more than 600 live channels and services and lets you watch live shows, favorite moves, and live games. Tata Sky app has exclusive features such as pause and play live TV channels option, popular channels, trending shows, movies in multiple languages and live sports. Download the Tata Sky app from Google Play or the App Store.
- Log into the Tata Sky app using the registration ID or the mobile number.
- Go to the sports section and select the channel that is broadcasting live IPL matches
- You will then be redirected to the Hotstar app, wherein, you can watch the IPL live cricket matches online.
- This method bypasses the Hotstar login page and lets you watch the live IPL matches directly.
Using the d2h Infinity App:
d2h app offers over 300 channels spread across more than 25 categories. The d2h app features both the normal and HD channels. The app offers various long-term and short term sports packs that feature an array of sports channels. Download the d2h Android app from Google Play
- Log into the d2h app using your email ID or the registered mobile number.
- Select the channel that is offering live IPL cricket matches.
- You will then be redirected to the hotstar app, where you can watch live IPL matches online
- You no need to login to the hotstar application for watching the IPL live cricket matches online.
Watch IPL 2020 Cricket Free Using Thop TV and Oreo TV Apps on Android TV and Fire TV Stick
There are many third-party apps like Thop TV and Oreo TV apps, wherein you can watch the IPL 2020 cricket matches online for free. In Thop TV, one can watch live cricket matches, movies, and web series that are available on Amazon Prime, Netflix, and Amazon. You can install Thop TV, and Oreo TV on Android TV and Amazon Fire TV stick and can watch IPL 2020 cricket for free. You can watch the IPL cricket matches in the language you wish to. Both these apps provide live streaming in SD, and HD in all Indian languages – Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, etc. other than English.