Bharti Airtel has launched Group Health Insurance dubbed Coronavirus protection policy. The policy is exclusive to Airtel Payments Bank users. You need to pay a premium of Rs 499, and you would get the Sum assured amount of Rs 25,000. Those tested Coronavirus positive can claim 100% of the assured amount, i.e., 25,000, whereas the persons quarantined in a Government/Military hospital can claim 50% of the Sum assured. The policy is exclusive to Covid-19 and is offered by Bharati Axa General Insurance Co. Ltd. The policy comes with a validity of 1 year during which the user’s savings bank account must be operative.
Features of the Coronavirus Protection Policy
- The customer’s age should be between 18-75 years at the time of inception to be eligible for the coronavirus protection policy.
- Bharti Airtel sends the policy certificate to the mobile number of the customer via SMS.
- The Policy coverage starts from T+1 day., i.e., the next day of the purchase of the policy cover.
- Any person tested positive for Covid-19 can claim 100% of the Sum assured. However, the person should be tested positive from any of the ICMR authorised centres along with certification from a registered medical practitioner.
- On the other hand, if a person happens to be quarantined in government/military hospital for 14-15 days, then he is eligible to claim 50% of the Sum assured.
- The policy would be insured in the name of the individual for a tenure of 1 year.
Persons Who are Not eligible for Coronavirus Protection Policy
- The coronavirus protection policy is valid only for Indian citizens and the users of Airtel Payments bank.
- If a person is suffering from pre-existing diseases, then he is not eligible for the policy.
- Individuals with travel history to China, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, Malaysia, Hongkong, Macau, Taiwan, Italy, and Iran post 31 Dec 2019 are not eligible for the policy.
- Further, individuals should not have suffered from any respiratory-related ailments for the past four weeks. They include severe cough, respiratory diseases, and breathlessness.
- Individuals who have undergone home quarantine are not eligible for the policy.