Unlocking Poetry: An Inspirational Resource for Teaching GCSE Literature (National Association for the Teaching of English (NATE)) Book
Unlocking Poetry: An Inspirational Resource for Teaching GCSE Literature (National Association for the Teaching of English (NATE)) Details
This helpful and accessible teacher resource offers over 800 innovative ways of studying the poetry which is prescribed for GCSE study. Unlocking Poetry not only provides poems in electronic format but also presents them in a variety of other forms which help students to undertake their own investigation and analysis, including:
- sequencing and collapsed-text activities;
- a special approach called a Word Wall and cloze test activities;
- tools for annotating the poem using a data projector or interactive whiteboard;
- ideas for using the poems creatively with ICT or as an inspiration for original writing;
- a host of teaching tips and technical guidance which can be applied to any electronic text.
Activities can serve as a workshop for innovative ideas, with techniques for study that can easily be applied to other texts, and can be shared, filed and made available to many users simultaneously.
The CD-ROM contains all the pre-1914 poems from the AQA, Edexcel, OCR and WJEC anthologies and is full of practical suggestions on how to approach individual poems. It will be an invaluable resource to Secondary school English Teachers and students on PGCEs and ITT courses.