Twitter Wit: Brilliance in 140 Characters or Less Book
Twitter Wit: Brilliance in 140 Characters or Less Details
New York Magazine proclaims, "Twitter is the hot web company right now...the Next Big Thing;" the New York Times calls it "one of the fastest-growing phenomena on the Internet;" Time magazine claims "Twitter is on its way to becoming the next killer app;" and Newsweek notes that "Suddenly, it seems as though all the worlds a-twitter."
Since its creation in March 2006, Twitter has unleashed a torrent of self-expression from its six million members around the world, who send and read each others "tweets," messages up to 140 characters in length. Friends use the site to make plans; relatives use it to stay connected; politicians use it to lobby for votes; and humorists use it to perfect their craft. In fact, Twitter users have reinvented the classic medium of the witticism in a site where anyone can be a Dorothy Parker or an Oscar Wilde.
Twitter Wit is the first compilation of Twitter aphorisms, with submissions ranging from quotidian vignettes like "I bet in Sweden the Ikea instructions are in English" to bumper sticker-type quips like "I think the bird of love is the dove. My husband thinks its the swallow," and contributors ranging from celebrities like Shaquille ONeal, Jimmy Fallon, Penn Jillette, John Cleese, and Steven Fry to regular people with previously unappreciated sharp tongues. Featuring a foreword by Twitter co-founder Biz Stone, this authorized anthology of the thousand most most clever and memorable "tweets" relates the diversity of human experience in hilarious bite-sized pieces.
Similar Product From Amazon
- Folklore of KentBuy NowRs 995
- Buy Now
- Buy Now
- The First Waco Horror: The Lynching of Jesse Washington and the Rise of the NAACP (Centennial Series of the Association of Former Students)Buy NowRs 1,451
- Gender and Class in the Egyptian Women's Movement, 1925-1939: Changing Perspectives (Middle East Studies Beyond Dominant Paradigms)Buy NowRs 1,593
- Buy Now
- Fetichism and Fetich Worshipers (Classic Reprint)Get this offerRs 689 Rs 1,064
( upto 35% Off )
- Pornography: Men Possessing WomenBuy NowRs 6,677
- After Urban Regeneration: Communities, Policy and Place (Connected Communities: Creating a New Knowledge Landscape)Buy NowRs 6,636
- Oppression and Resistance: Structure, Agency, Transformation: 48 (Studies in Symbolic Interaction)Buy NowRs 6,212