Transforming Assessment: Through an Interplay Between Practice, Research and Policy (Contributions from Science Education Research)
Transforming Assessment: Through an Interplay Between Practice, Research and Policy (Contributions from Science Education Research) Details
This book reports the results of a research project that investigated assessment methods aimed at supporting and improving inquiry-based approaches in European science, technology and mathematics (STM) education. The findings were used to influence policy makers with guidelines for ensuring that assessment enhances learning.
The book provides insights about:
- The concept of competence within the STM domains and its relevance for education
- The conceptualisation and teaching of four key competences: scientific inquiry, mathematical problem-solving, design processes, and innovation.- Fundamental aspects of the two main purposes of assessment, formative and summative, the relations between the two purposes and ways of linking them.
- The main challenges related to the uptake of formative assessment in daily teaching-learning practices in STM and specifically, the usability of formative on-the-fly dialogue, structured assessment dialogue, peer assessment and written teacher feedback.
- The systemic support measures and tools teachers need in order to integrate formative assessment of student learning into their classroom practices and how it can conflict with summative assessmentpractices.
- How research-based strategies for the formative use of assessment can be adapted to various European educational traditions to ensure their effective use and avoid undesirable consequences.
- How relevant stakeholders can be invited to take co-ownership of research results and how a productive partnership between researchers, policy makers, and teachers can be established.
- Concrete research vistas that are still needed in international assessment research.
Similar Product From Amazon
Similar Product By Brand
Mathematics Teaching and Learning: South Korean Elementary Teachers' Mathematical Knowledge for TeachingRs 9,458
ICT Education: 45th Annual Conference of the Southern African Computer Lecturers' Association, SACLA 2016, Cullinan, South Africa, July 5-6, 2016, ... in Computer and Information Science)Rs 6,835
- Buy Now
Developments in Soil Classification, Land Use Planning and Policy Implications: Innovative Thinking of Soil Inventory for Land Use Planning and Management of Land ResourcesRs 26,999
Applications of Flow in Human Development and Education: The Collected Works of Mihaly CsikszentmihalyiRs 8,440
Learning and Teaching Mathematics in The Global Village: Math Education in the Digital Age (Mathematics Education in the Digital Era)Rs 6,999
- Buy Now
- Buy Now
Human Interface and the Management of Information: Information, Design and Interaction: 18th International Conference, HCI International 2016 Toronto, ... Part I (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)Rs 9,428
Reasonableness and Effectiveness in Argumentative Discourse: Fifty Contributions to the Development of Pragma-Dialectics (Argumentation Library)Rs 14,063