Instructional Supervision: Applying Tools and Concepts Book
Instructional Supervision: Applying Tools and Concepts Details
This essential text for prospective school leaders enrolled in instructional supervision and evaluation courses provides the knowledge and practical tools to improve teacher effectiveness. Melding theory and practice, this book is a definitive guide to successful classroom observations, pre- and post-observation conferences, and approaches such as action research, peer coaching, and mentoring. The fourth edition of this text has been thoroughly updated to meet the needs of school leaders in todays educational climate. Features new to this edition include:
- Additional and updated tools to support school leaders in conducting effective classroom observations and assessing teachers professional learning needs;
- New case studies, suggested fieldwork, and extended reflections to outline practical applications for the strategies discussed;
- Suggested readings to supplement the information included in this book;
- Expanded discussions of professional learning communities and the topic of motivation;
- New chapters on teacher evaluation and instructional strategies that support personalization and learning technologies.
This book offers strategies to work with teachers at all stages in their careers, laying a strong foundation for effective instructional supervision in PreK-12 schools. Many of the templates and tools in this book are also available as free eResource downloads from our website (www.routledge.com/9781138649347).