One of the most fundamental questions faced in choosing a new mobile phone is to consider which operating system is right for you. The decision is really hard to take. So, this article has been designed to provide you with the advantages and disadvantages of each of the three major operating systems. We have tried our best to make it a little easier for you to choose the right one for you.
Features of Android OS:
- Availability: Android is available on everything from tiny devices to enormous mobile phones. The Android mobile phones are available in all types of prices. So you can easily find them according to your size, weight and cost needs.
- Flexibility: Android is the most flexible operating system of the three we have considered. The Personalisation feature allows you to set the device according to your needs and enjoy.
- Slick Google Services: Apps which tie in with Google’s online services have been integrated well into Android. The mobile experience of Google maps, Chrome, Gmail and Google Plus are all incredibly mature and well integrated into to the Android OS.
- Widgets: Widgets expose information from the internet live on your handset. Imagine a weather widget on your device home screen. Every time you look at your phone, it will show you the weather forecast for the next 24 hours. You don’t have to open an app, you don’t have to open a browser and search, and they are just always there. The Widget capability is a useful feature you can find only on Android and they make the information you want easier to find.
Features of iOS:
- Simplicity: One of Apple’s slogans is ‘It Just Works.’ For most situations, this is true for iOS. If this is your first smartphone or if you find it hard working with computers in general, then Apple is more likely to be your sort of device. It’s easy to navigate iOS and it’s hard to imagine you don’t already have at least some experience of Apple’s Operating System on at least one platform, be that an iPad, iPod, Macbook etc.
- Consistency: The Apple devices and their apps are far more consistent than that on other platforms.
- Highly Reliable: You can almost never experience a call drop on a call made from an iPhone. Before putting into the iTunes store, the apps are properly checked with Apple, so conflicts and accidental shutdowns are even rarer than on Android products.
Features of Windows Phone:
- Simplicity: The Windows Phones are clear, simple, slick, and have modern looks. Their usage is also very simple.
- Stability: The Windows phones are also highly stable. They provide almost null app crashes or call drops.
- Supports Personalisation: The homepage can be configured with Tiles which expose some information from ‘behind the scenes’ – whether they’re pictures from your device or your latest Facebook post.
So, here we have listed some of the most important features of these three operating systems. The final decision, however, lies in your hands. Hope our efforts help you in your endeavour.